Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Music Notes: Yeah Yeah Yeahs replace Beastie Boys at Lolla, Jackson documentary details

- The Yeah Yeah Yeahs will replace the Beastie Boys at Lollapalooza following Adam Yauch's cancer announcement. [Rolling Stone]

- Sony Pictures is in final negotiations to make a film out of rehearsal footage from Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour. The price is $60 million, the planned release date is Oct. 30. It looks like 90 percent of the money will go to the Jackson estate, while the remaining 10 percent will go to AEG Live — the group behind Jackson's London tour dates. [Hollywood Reporter - Showbiz411]

- VH1 is reviving Divas. This September, we can expect to see Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, and Miley Cyrus take the stage that once featured Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Patti LaBelle, and Celine Dion. Really, VH1? [Entertainment Weekly]

- Fifteen more tracks for The Beatles: Rock Band were revealed today. The tracks include "Can't Buy Me Love," "I've Got a Feeling," and "Paperback Writer." [Rolling Stone]

- Gossip have announced US tour dates for the month of October. A full listing can be found here. [SPIN]

No comments:

Post a Comment