Monday, August 10, 2009

Admin Note + Music Notes: Them Crooked Vultures make live debut

I apologize for the scheduling glitches with my posts — moving and going back to school in a span of a couple of weeks can be really daunting! I feel like I've been writing a lot of notes like these lately, and I hope that will end soon. I'm going to have to skip this week's new music post, but I'm hoping to get those back next week. And I may or may not make some decisions about how often/what I'll be posting here. But for now, here's some music news:

- The Foo Fighters/Queens of the Stone Age/Led Zeppelin supergroup first mentioned here made their live debut at midnight in Chicago. The group goes by Them Crooked Vultures. Pitchfork has photos here.[NME, Pitchfork]

- SPIN has some fun Lollapalooza pictures here. [SPIN]

- Aerosmith have officially postponed their tour of Western Canada, so that frontman Steven Tyler can recover from injuries he sustained in concert last week. [NME]

- Sufjan Stevens will be on tour this fall, playing intimate dates throughout the eastern part of North America. The tour kicks of Sept. 21 in Philadelphia. [Pitchfork]

No comments:

Post a Comment